Chris Smedley is a Senior Associate within the Corporate department in Jersey. He advises both local and international clients on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters including mergers and acquisitions, banking and finance law, private equity structures, corporate finance and specialist debt listings.
He joined Appleby in June 2014 having trained in London with City law firm Rosenblatt Solicitors.
Recently clients told Legal 500 UK 2016 that Chris is “extremely competent”.
Recent highlights have included:
- Acting for Lone Star Funds on the £1 billion acquisition and subsequent GBP593 million financing of a portfolio of mixed-use UK secondary properties from two private equity fund
- Acting for an international private equity and financial services corporation with the £140 million sale of commercial property complex in the City of London
- Advising Stirling Square Capital Partners on the on-going regulatory position of their second and third fund structures and subsequent refinancings
- Acting on a multi-jurisdiction group restructuring for an international hotel group
- Advising Swiss secondaries fund adviser on the Jersey aspects of the establishment of its third fund and subsequent investment subscriptions of circa €400 million
- Advising a wide variety of UK and European private equity advisers on the listing of securities on the Channel Islands Securities Exchange
Swansea University (Wales)
“[Chris] is extremely competent.”