Tiffany Boys is counsel in the Corporate department of Appleby’s Bermuda office.
Tiffany joined Appleby on 7 September 2010 as a trainee and was called to the Bar on 30 September 2011.
Tiffany maintains a diversified business practice including cross-border mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, joint ventures, corporate finance, and secured and unsecured lending transactions, with extensive experience in the area of asset-financed transactions. Her practice also includes the registration of ships and aircraft in Bermuda and the incorporation of special purpose vehicles to acquire, manage or lease the same. Tiffany has advised both lenders and borrowers in numerous cross jurisdictional transactions.
Tiffany is a member of the Bermuda Bar Association. Tiffany is recognised by Legal 500 Caribbean as a ‘Rising Star’ in the Banking, Finance and Capital Markets category.
- Electronic signing of documents and COVID-19 – The Royal Gazette, Legally Speaking – May 2020
- FLOATEL INTERNATIONAL LIMITED, Advised Floatel International Limited and it subsidiaries (the Group) on its successful, fully comprehensive balance sheet restructuring. The Floatel Group is renowned for providing offshore accommodation and support vessels;
- CHINA AIRCRAFT LEASING GROUP HOLDINGS, Acted as deal counsel in relation to local law matters on China Aircraft Global Ltd’s recent $790 million senior secured commercial aircraft portfolio financing;
- SEADRILL, Advised the coordinating committee representing a bank group holding USD 7.4 billion in secured debt, on Seadrill Limited’s successful completion of its USD 10 billion restructuring plan pursuant to its chapter 11 plan of reorganisation. This high profile restructuring was one of the most complex restructurings in history and the largest ever in the offshore drilling sector;
- LARGE GLOBAL MULTINATIONAL OIL AND GAS COMPANY, Provided Bermuda law advice relating to potential restructuring plans and Bermuda schemes of arrangement in a complex group wide multi-national debt restructuring matter. The scheme involves a number of new proposals novel to Bermuda law;
- THE CARLYLE GROUP, Completed the acquisition of Veritas Holdings Ltd., an information management systems provider, from Symantec Corp for a total purchase price of USD 8 billion. The transaction was the biggest U.S leveraged buyout announced in 2015 and the largest solo private equity purchase of U.S assets since 2011;
- KEYTECH LIMITED, Advising in connection with a multi-layered transaction that included the acquisition of the remainder of Bermuda Digital Communications Ltd. (CellOne) and the acquisition by Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc., of a controlling interest in Keytech;
- TRITON CONTAINER INTERNATIONAL LIMITED, Advised in relation to its merger with TAL International Group, Inc., a NYSE-listed, US company. The transaction creates the world’s largest lessor of intermodal freight containers with revenue generating assets valued at $8.7 billion.
- Brock University (Canada)
- University of Kent (England)
- The College of Law (London, England)