Kevin McQuillan is a Senior Associate within the Corporate department in Jersey. He has an extensive corporate finance practice focusing on a range of offshore holding structures, mergers and acquisitions, IPOs, private equity structures and specialist debt listings.
Since joining Appleby in April 2014, Kevin has advised clients on all aspects of Jersey corporate and finance law. He has gained extensive experience in acting for major international institutions in a number of high value public and private cross border mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to joining Appleby he was a solicitor in the corporate team in the Belfast office of leading Irish firm Arthur Cox.
Recent highlights have included:
- Advising the Issa brothers and TDR Capital in their successful GBP6.8 billion bid to acquire the Asda Group from Walmart
- Advising leading global private equity firm on its take private of JSE and SEM listed Atlantic Leaf Properties Limited implemented by a members scheme of arrangement in Jersey
- Advising Kennedy Wilson Europe Real Estate PLC on its USD4 billion merger with Kennedy Wilson Holdings Inc. implemented by a members scheme of arrangement in Jersey
- Advising Atrium European Real Estate Limited on a EUR1.4 billion offer recommended offer from Gazit-Globe Limited to be implemented by a members scheme of arrangement in Jersey
- Advising Concordia Healthcare Corp. in its USD3.5 billion acquisition of UK-based Amdipharm Mercury Limited in respect of acquisition structuring and finance matters
- Advising Concordia Healthcare Corp. in the listing of GBP1.4 billion of securities on the Channel Islands Securities Exchange
- Advising Concordia Healthcare Corp. in relation to the Jersey aspects of a five and a half year USD350 million senior secured first lien note issue to Goldman Sachs & Co
- Advising Lone Star on the GBP593 million financing as part of the GBP1 billion acquisition of a portfolio of mixed-use UK secondary properties from two private equity funds
- Advising Lone Star on its GBP250 million acquisition of Quercus Healthcare Property Unit Trust as part of its wider acquisition of the Quercus Healthcare Fund from Aviva Investors
- Advising Ashby Capital on its GBP217 million acquisition of a fifty per cent interest of Fitzroy Place, in London’s Fitzrovia, from Kaupthing
- Advising Ashby Capital on its GBP140 million acquisition of Colmore Plaza in Birmingham and subsequent refinancing pursuant to GBP80 million facility provided by AgFe
Admitted in Northern Ireland (non-practising), Ireland (non-practising) and England and Wales (non-practising).
Legal 500 2020 – Rising star
IFLR 2020 – Rising star
IFLR 2019 – Rising star
Queens University Belfast (Northern Ireland)
Institute of Professional Legal Studies Belfast (Northern Ireland)