Kevin McQuillan is a Senior Associate within the Corporate department in Jersey. He has an extensive corporate finance practice focusing on a range of offshore holding structures, mergers and acquisitions, IPOs, private equity structures and specialist debt listings.
Since joining Appleby in April 2014, Kevin has advised clients on all aspects of Jersey corporate and finance law. He has gained extensive experience in acting for major international institutions in a number of high value public and private cross border mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to joining Appleby he was a solicitor in the corporate team in the Belfast office of leading Irish firm Arthur Cox.
Recent highlights have included:
- Advising Kennedy Wilson Europe Real Estate PLC on its $4 billion merger with Kennedy Wilson Holdings Inc. implemented by a members scheme of arrangement in Jersey
- Advising Atrium European Real Estate Limited on a €1.4 billion offer recommended offer from Gazit-Globe Limited to be implemented by a members scheme of arrangement in Jersey
- Advising Tritax Big Box REIT plc in connection with a group restructuring and subsequent GBP500 million refinancing of existing debt
- Advising Tritax Big Box REIT plc in connection with the provision of a GBP72,000,000 facility provided by Canada Life Investments
- Advising Concordia Healthcare Corp. in its USD$3.5 billion acquisition of UK-based Amdipharm Mercury Limited in respect of acquisition structuring and finance matters
- Advising Concordia Healthcare Corp. in the listing of GBP1.4 billion of securities on the Channel Islands Securities Exchange
- Advising Concordia Healthcare Corp. in relation to the Jersey aspects of a five and a half year USD350,000,000 senior secured first lien note issue to Goldman Sachs & Co
- Advising Lone Star on the GBP593 million financing as part of the GBP1 billion acquisition of a portfolio of mixed-use UK secondary properties from two private equity funds
- Advising Lone Star on its GBP250,000,000 acquisition of Quercus Healthcare Property Unit Trust as part of its wider acquisition of the Quercus Healthcare Fund from Aviva Investors
- Advising Ashby Capital on its GBP217,000,000 acquisition of a fifty per cent interest of Fitzroy Place, in London’s Fitzrovia, from Kaupthing
- Advising Ashby Capital on its GBP140,000,000 acquisition of Colmore Plaza in Birmingham and subsequent refinancing pursuant to GBP80,000,000 facility provided by AgFe
Admitted in Northern Ireland (non-practising), Ireland (non-practising) and England and Wales (non-practising).
IFLR 2019 – Rising star
Queens University Belfast (Northern Ireland)
Institute of Professional Legal Studies Belfast (Northern Ireland)