Jonathan Anderson is Counsel in the Property department in Jersey.
He has extensive experience advising on a wide range of property matters including property development, financing, investment, leasing (from both landlord and tenant perspectives) and the property aspects of banking and corporate transactions having acted on many high-profile acquisitions, developments, sales and lettings of commercial property.
Jonathan has experience acting for a broad range of clients including global institutions, listed property companies, major developers, funds, retailers and high net-worth individuals.
- Acted for a major developer client in relation to the refinancing of Gaspe House, a prestigious office building in St Helier that is currently the most valuable property in the Channel Islands.
- Acted on a novel transaction involving the conditional pre-assignment of a lease of 3rd floor Gaspe House from Dandara to Alter Domus (Jersey) Limited.
- Acted for the borrower on a complex refinancing of a prestigious local hotel involving senior and mezzanine lending which involved liaising with the English and Jersey counsel for the existing lender, the incoming senior lender and the incoming mezzanine lender.
- Acted on a broad range of transactions acting for both landlords and tenants in relation to the leasing of various office premises around St Helier.
- Acted on the surrender and grant of a new lease of restaurant premises at La Colomberie.
- Acted on the grant of a long leasehold interest of office premises at Harbour Reach.
- Advised on Guernsey property related aspects in relation to various M&A deals involving trust companies in Guernsey.
- Acted for major banks in relation to putting in place security over high-value residential and commercial property in both Jersey and Guernsey.
- Advising on the real estate related aspects of a planned 400MW solar power plant in Abu Dhabi for a Japanese conglomerate. Lead associate responsible for negotiating the terms of the land lease agreement and advising on the property law requirements.
- Advising property developer in relation to a residential development of circa. 400 units on Saadiyat Island. Drafting the suite of documentation for the project and providing on-going advice in relation to the sale of ‘off-plan’ units.
- Advising the shareholders of an entity purchasing an iconic hotel development in the DIFC in relation to matters arising out of a master sale and purchase agreement (circa. 1B AED).
- Advising institutional landlord in relation to an FRI lease of 300,000sq.ft in relation to a landmark development in Abu Dhabi.
- Advising local developers on updates to template agreements required as a result of introduction of Property Law No.3 of 2015, including: drafting provisions for sale and purchase agreements relating to sales of ‘off plan’ property (units and/or villas), provisions for Strata and Complex Management Declarations, Disclosure Statements, Constitution of the Owners Association.