Heather Froude is a Senior Associate within the dispute resolution practice group. She specialises in commercial litigation including insolvency, restructuring and merger disputes.
Before joining Appleby in 2018, Heather gained dispute resolution and insolvency experience both in the Cayman Islands where she was involved in several high-profile insolvency and restructuring, fraud and corporate disputes, and in New Zealand, where she worked on contractual and tortious disputes; resource management law; regulatory prosecution and criminal defence.
Heather is admitted as an attorney in the Cayman Islands and as a barrister and solicitor in New Zealand (non-practising).
- Acting for official liquidators in the liquidation of Platinum Partners Value Arbitrage Fund L.P.;
- Acting for a major stakeholder opposing the restructuring in Re: Ocean Rig UDW Incorporated;
- Part of a team representing the joint official liquidators of Saad Investment Company Limited and others, in Ahmad Hamad Algosaibi Brothers v Saad Investments Company Ltd;
- Acting for a company in a Cayman Islands’ appraisal action.
(*prior to joining Appleby)
- Zealand College of Law, 2010;
- Victoria University of Wellington, LLB and BCA, 2009