Anna-Lise Wisdom joined Appleby in 2007 and is a Partner within the Corporate department in Cayman. She specialises in subscription financing and debt financing for private equity funds and regularly advises leading financial institutions in related credit facilities. She also has substantial experience in asset finance, particularly ship finance, corporate and acquisition finance and in capital markets transactions.
Prior to joining Appleby, Anna-Lise practised as a corporate attorney in the British Virgin Islands, advising a broad client base of financial institutions, trust companies and investment advisors.
Her practice extends to private equity and hedge fund formation, structuring and operation and she has also advised investment managers on related regulatory and licensing issues in relation to such funds.
Anna-Lise has been rated as a ´rising star´ in banking and financial services in IFLR1000 2019 rankings and was recognised in the 2015 Legal 500 Caribbean rankings.
She is a member of the Cayman Islands Law Society and has a thorough working knowledge of French and Spanish.
Recent highlights have included:
- Acting for Nordea Bank AB (publ) (formerly Nordea Bank Norge ASA) in connection with a US$600 million secured revolving credit facility to Stolt-Nielsen to finance the acquisition of over 35 chemical parcel tankers in various jurisdictions, 22 of which were registered under the Cayman Islands flag.
- Acting for China Merchants Bank Co. Ltd., New York Branch in connection with a US$40 million term loan facility for the funding of the acquisition of Sky-mobi Limited (Nasdaq:MOBI) by way of merger.
- Acting for China Merchants Bank Co. Ltd., New York Branch in connection with a US$50 million senior secured term loan facility for the funding of the acquisition of Country Style Cooking Restaurant Chain Co. Ltd. (NYSE: CCSC) by way of the merger
- Acting for Certares LP as lead investor in an investor group (including Blackrock and Macquarie Capital) in connection with a joint venture with American Express involving the separation of American Express’ global business travel division and investment of US$900 million in the business by the investor group.
- Acting for JPMorgan Chase & Co in connection with the sale of its Global Special Opportunities Group Investment Portfolio to Sankaty Advisers LLC, comprising approximately US$1.3 billion of loans and securities.
- Acting for Credit Suisse as representative of note purchasers in connection with the issue by UPCB Finance Limited of its senior secured notes in the principal amount of €500 million.
- Acting for Deutsche Bank AG, London as representative of note purchasers in connection with the issue by the Viridian group of companies of €313,000,000 euro- denominated senior secured notes and $250,000,000 dollar denominated senior secured notes.
University of the West Indies (Barbados)
University College London (England)