Jamie Rego is a Senior Associate in the Corporate department of Appleby´s Bermuda office. He specialises in a broad range of corporate finance and banking and asset finance-related matters, including advising both local and international clients in respect of corporate restructuring, aviation finance and leasing (including the registration of aircraft on the Bermuda Aircraft Register), vessel finance/registration and general corporate finance. His practice extends to general corporate law and he has advised clients on various corporate transactions, including but not limited to, capital raising, securitisation, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, the migration of companies from and into Bermuda and corporate governance.
His practice extends to general corporate law and has advised clients on various corporate transactions, including but not limited to, capital raising, securitisation, mergers, amalgamations and (dis)continuations from and into Bermuda and corporate governance.
- Global Cloud Exchange (GCX). Advised and represented an ad hoc group of bondholders holding $350 million of bond debt in respect of Bermuda winding up proceedings and the debt restructuring of GCX and its affiliates in a US Chapter 11 Plan;
- Normandy Limited, advised Normandy Limited in respect of its merger with Caribbean Investment Holdings Limited;
- Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma, advised Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma, a leading Japanese pharmaceutical company in respect of its estimated USD 3 billion acquisition of 5 biopharma companies;
- Advising a large South American agricultural company on a multi-million dollar equity offering;
- Advising large onshore bank in respect of a multi-vessel financing;
- Advising onshore bank in respect of the registration and creation of security over a portfolio of aircraft;
- Advising large oil company on the restructuring of its subsidiaries;
- Registration of a Bermuda captive insurer.
- Mount Allison University (Canada)
- University of Kent (England), LLB (Hons)
- College of Law, Guildford (England)