Jamie Rego is an associate within the Corporate department in Bermuda. He specialises in banking and asset finance and has experience in a broad range of corporate finance and banking and asset finance-related matters, including advising both local and international clients in respect of corporate restructuring, aviation finance and leasing (including the registration of aircraft on the Bermuda Aircraft Register), vessel finance/registration and general corporate finance.
His practice extends to general corporate law and has advised clients on various corporate transactions, including but not limited to, capital raising, securitisation, mergers, amalgamations and (dis)continuations from and into Bermuda and corporate governance.
- Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma, advised Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma, a leading Japanese pharmaceutical company in respect of its estimated USD 3 billion acquisition of 5 biopharma companies.
- Advising a large South American agricultural company on a multi-million dollar equity offering
- Advising large onshore bank in respect of a multi-vessel financing
- Advising onshore bank in respect of the registration and creation of security over a portfolio of aircraft
- Advising large oil company on the restructuring of its subsidiaries
- Registration of a Bermuda captive insurer
- Mount Allison University (Canada)
- University of Kent (England), LLB (Hons)
- College of Law, Guildford (England)