Katherine is a senior associate within the Corporate department in the Isle of Man, specialising in Isle of Man funds. Katherine regularly provides regulatory advice, including assisting with a number of change of control submissions to the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority for regulated insurance and financial services entities. She is a member of the data protection team at Appleby and has also acted on mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and listings. Katherine joined the firm as a trainee and was commissioned as an Isle of Man advocate in 2013 after being awarded a commendation in the Manx Bar Exams.
In 2013 Katherine completed a four month secondment in Appleby’s Guernsey office which further strengthened her multi-jurisdictional expertise.
Katherine sits on the committee of the Isle of Man Wealth and Fund Services Association.
Recent highlights have included advising:
- Acting for The Royal Bank of Scotland International Limited on the transfer of the Isle of Man Bank deposit-taking, lending, investment and insurance intermediary business to RBSI, by way of court-sanctioned transfer scheme.
- Acting for Ferrous Resources Limited on its USD550m sale to Vale SA by way of merger.
- Acting for The Montreux Healthcare Fund plc, an Isle of Man qualifying fund investing in the healthcare sector.
- Acting for the Duncan Lawrie group on the sale of its Isle of Man investment management business and loan book.
- Advising CVC and Blackstone in relation to Isle of Man aspects of its £3 billion acquisition of FTSE 250 company Paysafe Group plc.
- Advising Advent International in connection with the transfer of a controlling interest in V.Companies Limited, licensed by the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority.
- Acting for Palatine Private Equity on matters of Isle of Man law in connection with its investment in SMP Partners.
- Advising Strix Group plc on matters of Isle of Man law in connection with its £190 million listing on AIM.
- Acting for Crossrider plc on matters of Isle of Man law in connection with its listing on AIM.
- Advising a number of banks and financial institutions on compliance with the Isle of Man’s implementation of GDPR.
University of York (England)
College of Law, York (England)