Katherine was commissioned as an Isle of Man advocate in 2013 after being awarded a commendation in the Manx Bar Exams. She is a member of the funds and investment services team and data protection team at Appleby, in addition to acting on more general corporate matters. Katherine has acted on mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and listings. She regularly provides regulatory advice, including assisting with a number of change of control submissions to the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority for regulated insurance and financial services entities.
In 2013 Katherine completed a four month secondment in Appleby´s Guernsey office which further strengthened her multi-jurisdictional expertise.
Katherine is secretary of the Isle of Man Business Network and sits on the committee of the Isle of Man Wealth and Funds Association.
Recent highlights have included advising:
- Advent International as to matters of Isle of Man law in connection with the acquisition of a majority interest in the V.Group from OMERS Private Equity, including the transfer of a controlling interest in V.Companies Limited, licensed by the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority
- Strix Group plc on matters of Isle of Man law in connection with its £190 million listing on AIM
- Crossrider plc on matters of Isle of Man law in connection with its listing on AIM
- The purchaser in a local acquisition in the construction sector
- The Montreux Healthcare Fund plc, an Isle of Man qualifying fund established to invest in a portfolio of care homes
- Various financial institutions in connection with providing advice where regulated activities are carried on by way of business in or from the Isle of Man
- A number of banks, life assurers and commercial enterprises upon updating their standard terms and conditions
University of York (England)
College of Law, York (England)