Daniel is an associate within the Dispute Resolution Practice Group in the Cayman Islands. His practice is focused on corporate dispute resolution, banking litigation, restructuring and insolvency litigation. He has acted for a broad range of clients including individual investors, global banks and multi-national corporations.
Daniel has expertise managing all facets of dispute resolution from initial instructions to trial and enforcement. Before joining Appleby, Daniel was a Lawyer at TLT LLP where he was seconded to the Litigation & Investigations team in London at one of UK’s largest banks. Prior to this, Daniel held roles as a Solicitor at Allens Linklaters in the Commercial Litigation team in Melbourne and as an Associate in the Supreme Court of Victoria.
Daniel was admitted as a solicitor in the High Court of Australia and a lawyer in the Supreme Court of Victoria.
- Successfully defending international bank in breach of contract and negligence claim arising from termination of banking relationship on suspicion of fraud.*
- Acting for large UK bank in successful non-party costs order proceedings against litigation funder following successful defence of contractual claim at trial.*
- Acting for multi-national mining company in complex transfer pricing dispute with national tax regulator.*
- Acting for investment bank in defending class action brought by institutional investors arising from manipulation for foreign exchange market.*
- Seconded to large UK bank to advise on complex remediation project on issues of insolvency, restructuring, debt enforcement and loss quantification.*
- Appearing (with leave) in successful strike out application for large UK bank in Commercial Court – High Court.*
*Prior to joining Appleby
Monash University (Master of Laws (Juris Doctor))
The University of Melbourne (BCom)