Daniel is a Senior Associate* within the Dispute Resolution Practice Group in the Cayman Islands. His practice is focused on corporate dispute resolution, banking litigation, restructuring and insolvency litigation. He has acted for a broad range of clients including individual investors, global banks and multi-national corporations.
Daniel has expertise managing all facets of dispute resolution from initial instructions to trial and enforcement. Before joining Appleby, Daniel was a Lawyer at TLT LLP where he was seconded to the Litigation & Investigations team in London at one of UK’s largest banks. Prior to this, Daniel held roles as a Solicitor at Allens Linklaters in the Commercial Litigation team in Melbourne and as an Associate in the Supreme Court of Victoria.
Daniel was admitted as a solicitor in the High Court of Australia and a lawyer in the Supreme Court of Victoria.
- Successfully defending international bank in breach of contract and negligence claim arising from termination of banking relationship on suspicion of fraud.*
- Acting for large UK bank in successful non-party costs order proceedings against litigation funder following successful defence of contractual claim at trial.*
- Acting for multi-national mining company in complex transfer pricing dispute with national tax regulator.*
- Acting for investment bank in defending class action brought by institutional investors arising from manipulation for foreign exchange market.*
- Seconded to large UK bank to advise on complex remediation project on issues of insolvency, restructuring, debt enforcement and loss quantification.*
- Appearing (with leave) in successful strike out application for large UK bank in Commercial Court – High Court.*
*Prior to joining Appleby
Monash University (Master of Laws (Juris Doctor))
The University of Melbourne (BCom)
* Subject to immigration approval.