Tom Vibert is an Associate within the Corporate department in Jersey. He has a broad practise advising on all aspects of corporate and finance transactions, with a particular emphasis on structured finance, securitisation and general finance transactions. He has significant experience in advising lenders, sponsors, arrangers and borrowers on high-value, international securitisations and general structured finance transactions.
Tom started as a paralegal within the Corporate department of Appleby in Jersey in 2014, after which he spent five years as first a Trainee Solicitor and subsequently an Associate in the Banking & Finance team of a well-respected international firm in London. During this time, he also spent 6 months seconded to the trade finance & trade receivables team of a leading investment bank in London.
Tom re-joined Appleby as an Associate in January 2022.
- Advising on corporate restructuring
- Advising real-estate credit funds on securitisation of developmental loans
- Advising asset managers on residential mortgage-backed securitisation of mortgages
- Advising lenders in the context of structured financing programmes
- BPP Law School Holborn, Legal Practice Course (September 2016 – June 2017) – Commendation
- University of Durham, Law LLB (Hons) (September 2011 – June 2014) – 2:1