The Financial Services (Disclosure and Provision of Information) (Jersey) Law 2020 (together with its supplemental regulations and order) came into force on 6th January 2021 and brought Jersey up-to-date with MoneyVal’s assessment in relation to Jersey’s implementation of FATF Recommendation 24 by introducing a specific legislative framework for the collection of BOC information.
Our training seminar looks at the following topics:
- What is BOC and why is it required?
- What are the corporate entities considered legal persons?
- Beneficial owners and controllers of legal persons
- Filing and updating beneficial owner and controller information
- Penalties for failing to report
- Beneficial owners and controllers of legal arrangements
- Example case studies
We have provided BOC training to trust companies, banks and in-house counsels. If you would be interested in receiving training or refresher training on this important area, please do get in contact.