Jyotika is an associate in the Seychelles Corporate department. Prior to joining Appleby in 2018, Jyotika worked in law firms in Mumbai and New Delhi.
- Corporate/legal due diligence into international business companies and domestic companies and providing legal opinions/legal review reports; Providing legal opinions as to capacity of Seychelles law entities and enforceability of security/financial documents under Seychelles law; reviewing transaction documents and advising with respect to compliance with Seychelles law;
- Providing corporate law advice regarding share restructuring, share transfers, sale and purchase of shares, amendments in memorandum and articles of association, procedure for dissolution/continuation of international business companies;
- Advising banks, payment service providers regarding provision of banking/payment services/investment services in Seychelles;
- Providing regulatory and taxation advice with respect to applications for various business licences and investment in Seychelles;
- Advising in respect of treatment of cryptocurrencies/ cryptocurrency exchanges or wallets under Seychelles laws; compliance with AML/CFT regulations in Seychelles;
- Advising in respect of ownership of immovable property transfer restrictions under Seychelles law for foreign investors.
Jyotika also has experience in Indian corporate, tax and securities laws.
- B.A., LL.B (Honours), NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
- Advocate, Bar Council of India
Jyotika also has a special interest in human rights law (specifically disability rights and health rights), legislative drafting and public policy. She has assisted the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (Government of India), in providing research and support for drafting the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill and as a research fellow of the National Health Systems Resource Centre, New Delhi she provided support to Ministry of Health (Government of India) for drafting of the Indian Public Health Bill.