This recognition reinforced Appleby’s commitment to delivering exceptional legal services in Asia and highlighted that the Hong Kong team “provides ‘very responsive, practical and cost-effective advice’ directly to clients as well as in a referral capacity across a wide range of transactional, regulatory and litigation matters.”
The team has also earned praise for their capabilities and exceptional responsiveness, as clients expressed their satisfaction with the legal services provided. Testimonials include:
- “David Bulley has guided the firm through a challenging market, and has been very effective in picking up a considerable volume of distressed M&A for fund clients, as well as a number of key roles advising on the offshore aspects of Chinese real estate restructurings.”
- “Fiona Chan is highly recommended for banking work. Her Chinese language skills put her at an advantage against her competitors in offshore banking work where Chinese language is important. She is also very reliable and responsive.”
- “Judy Lee is highly recommended for corporate work. Particular for her trilingual language ability.”
- “A lawyers” lawyer, Richard Grasby is very strong on the technical points of both trusts and the regulatory issues.”
- “Eliot Simpson heads up the office’s litigation team and is noted, in particular, for shareholder and corporate disputes work as well as contentious insolvency matters.”
- “Vincent Chan is approachable and knowledgeable.”
- “Chris Cheng offers practical insights and advice.”
Other notable key lawyers including Investment Funds Partners Marc Parrott, Restructuring & Insolvency Counsel Ida Nylund, Dispute Resolution Counsel Crystal Au-Yeung and Investment Funds Senior Associate Grace Yeung have also been highlighted in the guide.
David Bulley commented“This accomplishment reflects the dedication and expertise of our entire team in Hong Kong, as well as the success of our involvement in complex mandates. As we look ahead to the future, with new team members in our Hong Kong and Shanghai offices and significant deals in the pipeline, we are confident that Appleby Hong Kong will continue to be acknowledged as the premier offshore firm in the region.”
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific Guide is renowned for its unbiased commentary and insightful analysis of the legal markets across 25 Asia Pacific jurisdictions. Appleby’s consistent recognition reflects its ongoing commitment to providing top-notch legal services and navigating the complexities of the legal landscape.