Lara is a Senior Associate in the Dispute Resolution department at Appleby Jersey. She advises on all aspects relating to commercial litigation including trust disputes, insolvency proceedings and corporate disputes involving directors and shareholders.
Lara was admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa in 2016. Prior to joining Appleby, Lara worked at a leading national law firm in Johannesburg advising on major litigation matters involving insolvency, business rescue, restructuring, commercial disputes and business crimes.
She advises a number of different stakeholders including government entities, private companies, insolvency practitioners, directors and shareholders.
- Advising on general and commercial litigation strategy, including all forms of dispute resolution relating to trust law, contract law, property law, mining law, banking law, asset recovery, insolvency and consumer law;
- Advising on directors’ and shareholder liabilities and disputes;
- Conducting winding up proceedings of companies and individuals; and
- Conducting investigations and enquiries into the affairs of financially distressed companies particularly in relation to fraudulent conduct.
- LLB degree (Cum Laude) – Rhodes University
- Member of the Legal Practice Counsel