David Le Brocq is a conveyancing manager within the Property department in Jersey, with over 20 years’ experience.
He joined Appleby in September 2013 having previously worked for several leading Jersey law firms including a Jersey-based international firm.
He has represented individuals, property developers, commercial and other organisations and financial institutions on residential and commercial property transactions and associated financing. David now specialises in all aspects of Jersey-based commercial property work. This includes property development, commercial leases, acquisitions and disposals, secured lending, corporate transactions and general property law advice.
David has an extensive working knowledge of French.
Recent examples of matters include advising:
- Established client Dandara on property law issues in relation to the developments known as Belvedere (formerly the site of the Jersey Dairy), Langtry Gardens, The Willows, ‘1875’ (Wesley Street), Castle Quay and Georgetown Mews comprising freehold, flying freehold, share transfer and leasehold properties together with the associated ancillary transactions in respect of service providers and development infrastructure
- Various purchasers in respect of the share transfer acquisition of apartments and parking spaces in the Westmount development
- A local property developer in the sale of all units in a residential development of freehold properties
- A local property developer in the conversion of a development site into a number of individual units including the re-financing of each unit with a major financial institution
- Dandara on the aquisition of potential development sites, including associated financing and boundary rectification and clarification with third party owners