Tim Hart is a partner and Global Group Head of the Property department across the Appleby Group. He qualified in 1996 and became a partner in 2000.
His experience covers all aspects of Jersey-based commercial property work. This includes property development, commercial leases, acquisitions and disposals, secured lending, corporate transactions and general property law advice.
Most recently Tim was praised by Chambers UK 2017 as having a standout reputation and maintaining a wide-ranging practice that incorporates leasing, M&A and financing matters. The team was also highlighted as “a capable and efficient team.” Chambers UK 2016 recognised Tim once again as being a ´Notable Practitioner´ with clients saying “he is extremely efficient and fast to respond to queries.” He was named as a ´Leader in his Field´ by Chambers UK 2015 and as being both “attentive and approachable.” In Chambers Europe 2014 sources note that Tim “is certainly the name to mention in the market and should not be underestimated”. Clients appreciate his effective communication and interpersonal skills, as well as his “commercial approach, excellent drafting skills and inside market knowledge”. Chambers Europe 2011 described him as “extremely capable and a pleasure to work with.”
Legal 500 UK 2016 named Tim as a ´Leading Individual´ and commended Tim´s team in commercial property for being “very good on all fronts” and that he is a “very strong” practice group head. He was described by Legal 500 UK 2013 as being “at the top of his game.”
He is a member of the Law Society of Jersey and regularly serves on sub-committees scrutinising proposed legislation. He is also a member of the Board of Examiners for the Jersey Advocates and Solicitors examinations.
Tim also speaks French.
Recent experience includes advising:
- The liquidators of a Bermuda incorporated company in the sale of the former PwC office premises in St Helier to a developer for conversion into apartments and retail space
- A local property investor in a financing with Santander UK plc secured on a portfolio of investment properties including Marks and Spencer and Boots stores
- Established client Dandara in relation to the purchase of the Hotel Metropole in St Helier for a substantial residential development
- On the property aspects of the sale of The Jersey Royal Company Ltd to the AIM Listed UK company Produce Investments plc which owns Greenvale, one of the UK´s biggest potato suppliers
- Peter Street Properties on the sale of Kleinwort Benson House in St Helier to Berkshire Capital for £7 million
- Kennedy Enterprise with the purchase of 1 Grenville Street, St Helier from HSBC Private Bank
- The owners of St Helier’s exclusive Royal Yacht Hotel in a c.£27 million refinancing deal with Starwood Capital Group
“[Tim] is certainly the name to mention in the market and should not be underestimated.”