Stuart Jessup is a senior associate in the Dispute Resolution practice group in Appleby’s Hong Kong office. He joined Appleby in 2014 following five years in private practice in Melbourne, Australia and three years in London, principally in financial litigation at Hogan Lovells.
Stuart advises clients throughout Asia on the department’s core areas of focus: shareholder, fund and trust disputes and restructuring and insolvency. He is also a member of the firm’s Merger Disputes practice group.
Stuart is admitted to practice in Australia, England & Wales and the British Virgin Islands.
Stuart’s recent work has included:
- Advising upon the restructuring of First Mobile Group Holdings Limited (including a scheme of arrangement and capital reduction in Cayman) ahead of its resumption in trading on the Hong Kong stock exchange;
- Representing a minority shareholder of a BVI company in a dispute involving, concurrently, unfair prejudice proceedings in BVI and a Hong Kong arbitration;
- Advising the Cayman holding company of a gaming business regarding a restructuring of its offshore debt and associated enforcement risks;
- Advising in relation to the financial restructuring of a Cayman Islands holding company for a Chinese real estate business;
- Acting for the petitioners in separate applications for orders that Cayman investment vehicles be wound up on the just and equitable ground; and
- Advising an individual upon a disputed, high-value BVI trust giving rise to proceedings in BVI and Singapore.
- Restructuring & Insolvency