Stephen Parnell is an associate within the Corporate department in Jersey. Stephen advises both local and international clients on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters including mergers and acquisitions, banking and finance law, private equity structures, corporate finance and competition regulatory advice, working alongside our team of specialist advisors.
Stephen joined Appleby in 2020 from a leading Law Firm in Ireland. His previous role involved assisting Irish and international financial institutions on syndicated and bilateral deals and acting for direct lenders in relation to both senior and mezzanine facilities.
Stephen is qualified as a Solicitor in both Ireland (2019) and England and Wales (2020) (both non-practising).
- Advising Velocity Sports Partners in relation to the acquisition of Premier League football club Burnley F.C.
- Advising a leading International real estate fund managing billion dollar assets in the restructuring and financing of facilities in relation to one of the UK’s largest Hotel portfolios.
- Advising a leading UK SME Lender in various transactions in relation to the restructuring of its facility agreements.
- Advising on the establishment of a Jersey Private Fund in relation to an Islamic Finance structure.
- Law Society of Ireland – Professional Practice Course I & II – 2019
- Dublin City University – BCL (Law and Society) – 2015