Prabha is a senior associate in the corporate department of Appleby’s Hong Kong office.
Prabha’s corporate practice spans all aspects of M&A and corporate finance work, including private equity and venture capital, cross-border investments and joint venture and private fund structures. Prabha’s finance practice is principally focussed on acquisitions and leveraged financing, funds finance, asset financing, structured products, derivatives and bond issuance working with a range of major international and Asian financial institutions, listed and private companies, securities providers and leading onshore law firms. She is also a member of Appleby’s Global Technology & Innovation Group.Prabha joined Appleby in 2018.
She was previously a senior associate with an offshore firm working in their banking and finance group and prior to that, a senior associate at another offshore firm in Guernsey and as a senior associate at an international law firm in London. Prabha is admitted as a solicitor in the British Virgin Islands.
Prabha’s representative transactions whilst Appleby as follows:
- Acting as BVI and Bermuda counsel to InfraRed NF, a Hong Kong-based joint venture between InfraRed Capital Partners and Vervain and a leading Greater China real estate investment manager, in a US$92.2m financing investment with Fullsun International Holdings Group, a Hong Kong listed property developer
- Advising Hong Kong’s first SFC licensed investment platform for professional investors and global technology start-ups as BVI counsel in all aspects of its corporate structure, subscription finance, employee stock option scheme and regulatory assessment
- Acting for an international investment bank in respect of setting up an asset-backed obligation programme
- Acting for Asian private equity houses in respect of various corporate and acquisition finance transactions involving portfolio companies
- College of Law, London
- Kings College, London
- London Metropolitan University