Pamela is an Associate in the Corporate department in the Cayman Islands. She advises on the formation, operation, regulation, restructuring and termination of a wide range Cayman Islands investment funds, including tokenised and crypto funds. Pamela has experience of advising on the regulatory and licensing of Cayman domiciled investment managers. She also has experience in a wide range of general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Appleby in 2018, Pamela was an Associate in the Funds team at Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld in London, where she focused on the establishment, operation and organization of private investment funds, with a particular emphasis on advising hedge funds and asset managers in multiple jurisdictions. She also advised on the regulatory aspects of marketing Cayman and US domiciled alternative investment funds to European investors.
Pamela sits on 100 Women in Finance’s NextGen Cayman committee and is also a GirlForce 100 mentor.
Pamela is admitted as a Solicitor to the Law Society of England & Wales (non-practising) and was admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in the Cayman Islands in 2018.
*Prior to joining Appleby:
- Advised clients on and/or liaised with UK compliance consultants regarding the FCA authorization or variation of permission application process for UK AIFMs;
- Advised on and drafted offering documents for various open-ended hedge funds;
- Drafted various corporate agreements pertaining to the organization of a UK investment management business (including shareholder/intra-group loan agreements, expenses sharing side letters and intellectual property agreements);
- Negotiated third party service provider agreements with administrators, depositaries, middle and back office service providers, external valuation agents and/or independent directors amongst others;
- Advised EEA and non-EEA based investment managers on various marketing regulatory issues, particularly in relation to the marketing of Cayman domiciled AIFs to EEA and/or Swiss based investors under the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD).
- University of Leicester (England)
- Université Jean Moulin Lyon 3 (France)