Nick is a partner resident in the firm’s Hong Kong office from where he advises on transactions throughout China and Hong Kong, SE Asia, Russia and the CIS, and the Middle East. Nick advises on all aspects of Cayman, BVI and Bermuda corporate law, with a particular focus on corporate finance work including mergers and acquisitions, takeovers and privatisations, equity and debt capital markets, structured finance and derivatives, and private equity and venture capital fund formation, investments and exits.
Prior to relocating to Hong Kong in 2017, Nick practiced in our Cayman Islands office, as a partner in another offshore firm in Jersey, and as a senior English-qualified lawyer with Linklaters, Allen & Overy and Freshfields in London and Moscow.
Nick has been ranked in various legal directories in recent years, with Legal 500 recognising him as ‘a very astute hire’ and noting that he ‘provides excellent advice and is easy to work with’, IFLR ranking him as a ‘rising star’, and Who’s Who Legal commenting that ‘the “impressive” Nicholas Davies’ offers ‘expert advice’ combined with “substantial understanding and experience” of the commercial legal and cultural issues associated with completing transactions in this area’.
Recent transactions include advising:
- CVC Capital Partners on its HKD 2 billion investment in RKE
- Rajax Holding on its USD 800 million acquisition of Xiaodu Life Technology Limited
- Carlyle on its Series C financing of Ant Financial
- II-VI Incorporated on its acquisition and take-private of CoAdna Holdings, Inc.
- ICBC Financial Leasing on its USD275 million equity investment in BW Catcher FPSO
- HSBC on a USD 2.3 billion secured merger of swap facilities with a leading Middle East SWF
- Seabury TFX on its trade receivables securitisation programme
- China LotSynergy Holdings Limited on its HKD 650 million convertible bonds exchange offer
- HSBC on a US$2.3billion secured merger of swap facilities with a Middle Eastern sovereign wealth fund
- Swire Pacific and Cathay Pacific on the ongoing maintenance of their respective MTN programmes and drawdowns thereunder
- UBS and DBS Bank on the issuance by SOCAM Development Limited of US$200,000,000 6.25% senior notes due 2020
- Seabury TFX on the establishment of an SPC issuance vehicle and two series of trade receivables securitisation
- China LotSynergy Holdings Limited on its HK$650 convertible bonds exchange offer
University of Birmingham (England)
Nottingham Law School (England)