Laura Burns is an associate and a member of the Corporate department in Appleby’s Bermuda office. Laura’s diverse practice covers all aspects of corporate and commercial law, including banking and corporate finance with a focus on aviation finance, mergers, amalgamations, restructuring, re-domestications and the establishment and regulation of insurance vehicles and investment funds.
Laura also has experience in private client and trusts, providing advice and drafting key documents regarding the creation, management, restructuring and termination of private and commercial trusts utilising insurance and investment structures and solutions.
- Purpose-built ISAC a boon for Bermuda – The Royal Gazette, Legally Speaking – October 2019
- Flexible ISAC law to offer client solutions – The Royal Gazette, Legally Speaking – June 2019
- Life insurance sector comes into its own – The Royal Gazette, Legally Speaking – March 2019
- Matterhorn Re Ltd., acted as Bermuda counsel to Matterhorn Re Ltd. in connection with the sale and issue by the company, acting in respect of its segregated account, of Class A Principal At-Risk Variable Rate Notes.
- Artex SAC Limited, advised Artex SAC Limited in connection with several Dodeka private catastrophe bond transactions from ILS investment fund manager Twelve Capital.
- Artex SAC Limited, Appleby advised Artex SAC Limited in connection with a $50.22 million catastrophe bond transaction.
- Tailwind Re Ltd., advised Bermuda headquartered reinsurance firm Validus Holdings on its first full catastrophe bond issuance with the Tailwind Re Ltd., valued at $400 million.
- Hoplon III, advised on the incorporation and organization of a special purpose insurer, Hoplon III, and the formation of the purpose trust pursuant to the third insurance-linked (ILS) securities transaction from MyLotto24, a UK-based lottery provider owned by the Zeal Group. Matter value €90 million.
- Acted for a NASDAQ-listed international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products. Advised on the private placement by the client’s reinsurance sidecar vehicle for the 2018 renewal season.
University of Warwick, Warwick Business School
University of Warwick