Kaisha Wilson is an Associate in Appleby’s Bermuda office. She joined Appleby in September 2020 and was called to the Bermuda Bar in October 2021.
Kaisha obtained a Bachelor of Laws [LLB] at De Montfort University in Leicester in 2019, graduating with First Class Honors. After receiving her LLB, she completed the Legal Practice Course [LPC] at BPP University in Manchester with Distinction. Kaisha is in her final six months of Appleby’s two-year trainee program.
Kaisha’s first year of training was spent in the Corporate department where she gained experience with the Banking & Asset Finance, Intellectual Property and Technology & Innovation teams. Kaisha assisted in a range of matters including drafting company resolutions, legal opinions, letters to the Bermuda Monetary Authority and submitting charge registration and deregistration applications to the Registrar of Companies. Kaisha organised and assisted in managing a large intellectual property portfolio, reviewing a digital asset business application, prospectus supplement, carrying out legislative reviews and updates and reviewing amalgamation agreements, bye-laws and various agreements relating to ship financing amongst other things.
Kaisha began her second year of training in September 2021 in the Dispute Resolution department where she gained insight and experience in the litigation concerning shareholder disputes, commercial contract disputes, mortgage enforcement matters, probate and estate disputes, as well as, litigation concerning professional conduct. Kaisha assisted in a range of matters including legal research and drafting of discovery lists, notice of motions, and summonses, amongst other things. Kaisha reviewed foreign law translations and hearing and trial transcript recordings and facilitated court filings. Kaisha began her final seat of training in March 2022 in the Corporate department with the Insurance team.
- Restructuring of (Re) Insurers during Covid-19 – The Royal Gazette, Legally Speaking – May 2022
- Bermuda’s government and legal system – The Royal Gazette, Legally Speaking – February 2022
- A digital asset future: closer than we think – The Royal Gazette, Legally Speaking – August 2021
- Virtual currency in Bermuda: an update – The Royal Gazette, Legally Speaking – June 2021
- Doing business from and within our shores – The Royal Gazette, Legally Speaking – April 2021
- FLOATEL INTERNATIONAL LIMITED, Advised Floatel International Limited and it subsidiaries (the Group) on its successful, fully comprehensive balance sheet restructuring. The Floatel Group is renowned for providing offshore accommodation and support vessels;
- MARVELL TECHNOLOGY GROUP LTD., Advised Marvell, a leading producer of semiconductor technology and data infrastructure, in an agreement to acquire Inphi Corporation. Enterprise value of the deal USD 10 billion.
De Montfort University (Leicester, UK)
BPP University (Manchester, UK)