Anna Snead is Counsel within the Dispute Resolution department.
Prior to joining Appleby in 2012, Anna was an associate at Mayer Brown International LLP. While there, she practised in the commercial litigation and dispute resolution department and was a member of the International Arbitration Group. She gained a wide range of litigation experience, including acting on behalf of corporate clients on a variety of high value contractual disputes and representing auditors in respect of potential negligence claims and regulatory investigations. Anna´s arbitration experience includes acting for the defendant in a five-day adhoc arbitration concerning the construction of a force majeure provision in an international coal supply agreement and acting for the claimant in an LCIA arbitration. As part of the International Arbitration Group, Anna also routinely advised on aspects of international arbitration practice and procedure.
Anna was admitted as a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales in 2008 (now non-practising) and as an Attorney-at-Law in the Cayman Islands in 2012.
Recent cases include:
- Acting for the Independent Valuer in the high profile valuation of Northern Rock following its transfer into temporary public ownership.
- Acting for a global accountancy firm in relation to litigation, and potential further claims, by investors and potential regulatory investigations arising out of the Madoff scandal.
- Advising the UK firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP and PricewaterhouseCoopers International Ltd in relation to issues arising from the fraud in Satyam Computer Services Limited.
- Advising minority shareholders in respect of a dispute arising out of breaches of a Shareholder Agreement.
- Acting for the defendant in ad hoc arbitration proceedings concerning the construction of a force majeure provision in an international supply agreement.