Alexis Haynes is an associate in the Corporate department in Appleby’s Bermuda office.
Alexis attained a Bachelor of Commerce (concentrations in Strategic Management, Entrepreneurship and Marketing) from McGill University, Montreal, Canada. After working in the Bermuda’s reinsurance industry, Alexis obtained a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from Queen Mary University of London and the completed the Legal Practice Course and Masters in International Legal Practice from University of Law. Alexis was called to the Bermuda Bar on 21 June 2017.
- Landscape of Bermuda financial sanctions – The Royal Gazette, Legally Speaking – July 2019
- Bermuda Funds in a Digital Age – Hedgeweek – March 2019
- Bermuda funds – more than a token offering? – The Royal Gazette, Legally Speaking – November 2018
- Asking real questions about virtual currency – The Royal Gazette, Legally Speaking – May 2018
- XBTO, advised on the successful application for a Digital Asset Business (DABA) Licence as a Digital Asset Service Vendor (Market maker for digital assets) under the Digital Asset Business Act which represented the third DABA licence to have been issued by the Bermuda Monetary Authority.
- AkinovA, acted as Bermuda counsel in relation to the launch of the AkinovA Marketplace, an electronic trading platform for insurance and reinsurance industry participants (Market Participants).
- Saïd Holdings Limited – principal investment vehicle for the Saïd family, acted as Bermuda counsel to Saïd Holdings in connection with the sale of 5 Churchill Place, a Canary Wharf office building, for £270m to Hong Kong billionaire Chen Hongtian acting through his private real estate vehicle, Cheung Kei Group.