Appleby advises on 37 HKEX listings in first half of 2018
Leading offshore law firm Appleby’s Hong Kong office continued to cement its specialisation for IPO work with a busy six months in 2018. Between January and mid-July, Appleby advised on 37 listings in Hong Kong, with an aggregate amount of more than HK$3.1 billion. The number of listings increased by 85% compared to the same period in 2017, demonstrating the strength and expertise of Appleby’s Capital Markets team. Appleby acted as offshore counsel in listings on both the Main Board and the Growth Enterprise Market (GEM) of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
The transactions were led by Judy Lee, Managing Partner and Corporate Group Head for Appleby Hong Kong, with assistance from Partners Paul Cheuk and Chris Cheng, Counsel Vincent Chan, Senior Associate Yorkie Au-Yeung, Associate Robert Sit and other legal professionals, including Quinton Tse and Karina Li.
Notable deals include:
- Fusen Pharmaceutical Company Limited’s HK$ 416 million listing on the GEM Board
- Time Interconnect Technology Limited’s HK$ 230 million listing on the GEM Board
- Tsit Wing International Holdings Limited’s HK$149.7 billion listing on the Main Board
- REM Group (Holdings) Limited’s HK$135 million listing on the Main Board
- Shineroad International Holdings Limited’s HK$127.5 million listing on the Main Board
Judy commented: “We are happy to see yet another busy half-year for Appleby’s Corporate team. Our high volume of IPO work speaks to our leading position in the market and the high quality client services that we offer. Our team continues to offer pragmatic and insightful advice to our Asian client base, assisting in navigating the heightened listing and regulatory requirements of the market.”