The Group have also announced the appointment of John Wasty (Bermuda) and Mark Holligon (Isle of Man) as Co-Heads of the Dispute Resolution Global Practice Group.
John Wasty has been admitted in six jurisdictions and specialises in the areas of commercial litigation, restructuring, insolvency litigation, funds litigation and regulatory matters. He represents clients in a variety of commercial disputes internationally, including many complex multi-party restructurings involving multiple jurisdictions and is frequently involved in major arbitrations. John has been consistently recognised by Chambers as a leader in his field, ranked Band 1 and described by clients as “one of the best litigators around, providing excellent technical yet business-savvy legal advice”.
Mark Holligon joined Appleby Isle of Man in 2012 having worked in the City of London and the Cayman Islands. He has been involved in many of the largest cross-border insolvencies in the past decade. Mark also has extensive experience in fraud and asset tracing, funds and trust disputes. He has been consistently ranked as a leader in his field by multiple legal directories, and recently has been described as “well practised, good on his feet and knows how to present to the court”.
Appleby Group Managing Partner, Michael O’Connell, said: “These appointments are a testament to the continued growth of our established global team. I would like to congratulate this group of extremely accomplished lawyers who have demonstrated their commitment to providing and maintaining a first-class level of service to our clients.”
Appleby’s new appointments include members from their Corporate, Dispute Resolution and Property teams.
- Tom Brook (Corporate, Isle of Man)*
- David Bulley (Corporate, Cayman Islands)
- Jared Dann (Dispute Resolution, Jersey)
- Liesl Richter (Corporate, Cayman Islands)
- Christian Victory (Corporate, Cayman Islands)
- Steven White (Dispute Resolution, Bermuda)**
- Jonathan Anderson (Property, Jersey)
- Tiffany Boys (Corporate, Bermuda)
- Matthew Carr (Corporate, Bermuda)
- Peter Colegate (Corporate, Cayman Islands)
- Georgina Pullinger (Corporate, Cayman Islands)
- Hannah Tildesley (Dispute Resolution, Bermuda)**
*Subject to being commissioned as an Advocate pursuant to section 16 of the Advocates Act 1995.
**Subject to local Bar Association and Immigration approval.