Advocate Louise Richardson is counsel within the firm’s Dispute Resolution department in Jersey.
She specialises in commercial litigation particularly trusts, appearing for trustees and beneficiaries in directions applications and advising on trust disputes generally. She regularly assists foreign insolvency office holders with recognition applications and with advice on cross border insolvency and asset recovery.
Louise has advised both Plaintiffs and Defendant insurers in connection with personal injury and clinical negligence claims, and also acts for both.
Louise also advises employers and employees in connection with employment disputes and the termination of the employment relationship.
Qualifying as an English Solicitor in 2000 at London firm, Russell Jones & Walker, Louise re-qualified as an advocate in December 2003.
Louise is a member of:
- ARIES, the Channel Islands Member Association of INSOL International
- The Education and Legal Resources Sub Committee of The Law Society of Jersey
- The Criminal Injuries Compensation Board
- Jersey Personal Injury Medico-Legal Society
- The Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
and is involved with the Women’s Development Forum in Jersey.
Recent highlights have included:
- Advising and appearing for a corporate trustee in an application for directions seeking the termination of the trust and distribution of the trust assets
- Appearing for a disadvantaged beneficiary in an application to set aside the trust on the grounds of mistake
- Acting as guardian for minor and unborn beneficiaries
- Advising and appearing for trustees in a dispute as to the validity of their appointment and subsequent actions
- Advising a trustee in bankruptcy in connection with a recognition application and recovery of locally based assets
- Advising various medical practitioners in respect of clinical negligence claims, particularly one practitioner facing criminal charges and assisting at General Medical Council hearing
- Advising an employer in respect of an Employment Tribunal claim alleging bullying and harassment and appearing for them at the tribunal and at mediation
- Acting for Executors in connection with variation of a will.
City University London (England)
College of Law, London