Recognition for Appleby as Leading Lawyers
Eight lawyers from Appleby have been recognised in the 2017 Citywealth Leaders list, a list compiled by collating nominations from peers, private wealth managers and advisors, as well as clients.
Speaking on the announcement, Carlos de Serpa Pimentel, Global Head of Appleby’s Private Client & Trust group commented; “We are proud that a large number of Appleby lawyers continue to be recognised on the Citywealth Leaders List each year. The Listing continues to provide reputable recognition and is a testament to the commitment of our lawyers to achieve the best results for our clients.”
The following Appleby people were recognised across their jurisdictions:
• Vanessa Schrum, Partner, Group Head Bermuda, Private Client & Trusts
• Keith Robinson, Partner, Dispute Resolution
• Michael Mello QC, Counsel, Private Client & Trusts
• Ashley Fife, Counsel, Private Client & Trusts
• Carlos de Serpa Pimentel, Partner, Group Head, Private Client & Trusts
• Alison MacKrill, Partner, Private Client & Trusts
Isle of Man
• David Pytches, Counsel, Private Client & Trusts
• Fraser Robertson, Partner, Local Group Head, Jersey Dispute Resolution
Carlos and Keith were also recently shortlisted in Legal Week’s Private Client Global Elite for their contributions and expertise in advising trustees and ultra-high net worth individuals on the establishment, restructuring and administration of trusts, and the use of private trust companies as well as providing advice to Protectors and beneficiaries on a variety of trust related matters.
The Private Client Global Elite print and digital supplement profiles 200 top trust and estate legal practitioners – including private client lawyers, tax lawyers, litigators and barristers, with details of their practices.
In addition to being named on the Leading Lawyers List, Vanessa Schrum, Partner, Bermuda, was recently named ‘Woman of the Year’ in the Leadership, Professional Services category at the 2017 prestigious Citywealth Power Women Awards.